Historical Summaries

Harvest Summary of HRW - August 9, 2013

All states south of Nebraska are now complete with the 2013 HRW wheat harvest, Nebraska is now at 98% complete with the remaining 2% to be harvested being in the far northwest part of the state. Wyoming is also close to completion with less than 20% remaining to be harvested. South Dakota is now 59% harvested, well behind the long term average of over 80% harvested by this date. North Dakota is just now getting into the full swing of HRW harvest with 15% cut and no reports of quality at this point.

Montana has been hit hard over the last week with wide spread hail storms affecting virtually all parts of the state (the southern and eastern half of the state was hardest hit). Reported hail losses have ranged from 30% – 50%. Test weights being reported prior to the hail storms moving through ranged from 58 lb/bu – 63 lb/bu (76.4 – 82.8 kg/hl) and yields ranging from 30 bu/ac – 70 bu/ac (2.0 – 4.7 tons/ha).

HRW harvest was delayed in Washington and Idaho this week by rain (with some hail losses being reported in each state). Oregon is reporting dryer than normal conditions and harvest moving quickly. Of the extremely limited number of reported HRW samples (Washington/Oregon) indicate lower test weight, higher protein content, and similar falling number values when compared to last year.

Partial testing now indicates the overall wheat protein of 13.1% (12% basis) significantly exceeds the 2012 protein of (12.6%) and the 5-year average of (12.0%). Overall flour protein of 12.7% (14% basis) significantly exceeds the 2012 protein of (11.5%) and 5-year average of (10.7%). Overall average thousand kernel weight is now 25 grams.

To download a PDF of the Harvest Summary click here

Harvest Summary
Tst Exp MST Pro% DKG TKW FN Grade Test Weight FM DMG S&B DEF
390 500 11.0 13.1 0.62 25.0* 424* 2HRW 59.9 78.8 0.2 0.2 1.7 2.1
FINAL 2012
538 Final 10.7 12.6 0.48 29.0 409 1HRW 61.1 80.4 0.1 0.1 1.2 1.4

(* partial)

©2018 Plains Grains, Inc. 127 NRC, Stillwater, OK 74078 | All rights reserved.

The information contained herein is provided as a public service with the understanding Plains Grains, Inc. (PGI) makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the absolute accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents. PGI may make changes to information at any time and add to, remove, update, or correct the information provided. While PGI attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on its website, it makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information and data.

Individuals accessing this website will make their own determination of how suitable the information and data is for their usage and intent. In no event will PGI be responsible for damages resulting from the use or reliance upon this information and data. PGI does not warrant that the use of this information is free of any claims of copyright infringement.