Historical Summaries

Harvest Summary of HRW - August 8th, 2014

Hot and dry conditions continue to persist across the Washington, Oregon and parts of Idaho serving to advance harvest in those states at a quickened pace. Washington is now 61% complete with harvest and starting to wind down in the southern portions of the state. Oregon is winding down statewide as 79% of their crop is now cut. Idaho is now 45% complete with harvest and while still unseasonably hot, did receive a few scattered rain showers over the past week. Montana remains hot and dry with 49% of their crop now harvested with a few areas in the north central and northeastern parts of the state receiving rain, but on a very scattered basis. In contrast, South Dakota is 65% complete with harvest and experienced cooler than normal temperatures and scattered rain over the past week. The harvest is 70% complete in Wyoming (remaining 30% mainly irrigated).

While sample numbers did not increase this week, another 28 samples have been collected from South Dakota and will arrive in the lab Friday evening. However, thousand kernel weight testing has been completed on all 353 samples now in the lab moving the overall average up 0.4 grams from last week to 30.0 grams. This significantly exceeds the 2013 crop average of 26.0 grams and exceeds the 5-year average of 29.8 grams.

Early lab results (approximate ½ of total samples to be tested) farinograph absorption (14% mb) is 60.9% which is well above last year’s 59.8% and significantly exceeds the 5-year average of 57.9%. Loaf volume (879 cc) also exceeds last year’s results of 860 (cc) and significantly exceeds the 5-year average of 804 (cc).

Click Here to Download a PDF of the HRW Harvest Summary August 8 2014

Harvest Summary
Tst Exp MST Pro% DKG TKW FN Grade Test Weight FM DMG S&B DEF
353 530 12.0 13.5 0.5 30.0 384* 1HRW 60.5 79.6 0.2 0.5 1.9 1.6
FINAL 2013
534 Final 10.9 13.4 0.6 26.0 421 2HRW 59.9 78.8 0.2 0.1 1.6 2.0

*Partial Data

©2019 Plains Grains, Inc. 127 NRC, Stillwater, OK 74078 | All rights reserved.

The information contained herein is provided as a public service with the understanding Plains Grains, Inc. (PGI) makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the absolute accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents. PGI may make changes to information at any time and add to, remove, update, or correct the information provided. While PGI attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on its website, it makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information and data.

Individuals accessing this website will make their own determination of how suitable the information and data is for their usage and intent. In no event will PGI be responsible for damages resulting from the use or reliance upon this information and data. PGI does not warrant that the use of this information is free of any claims of copyright infringement.